Saturday, March 3, 2007

PC trouble

So my PC I got last Nov. is junk. It was a bad idea to buy it from the person I did, but I was fooled by the great percentage of positive feedback. I assume that had I bought one listed it woulda been fine, but I used the customize option, and well, its not fine.

So if I look at buying a new mobo (which I assume is the problem) then I'm stuck because there does not appear to be any mobo made that fits my processor and has onboard video. At the same time there doesn't appear one that fits and has the slot for the graphics card I have sitting in a box at home. So, if I get the mobo for my processor than I'm using a several year old card that my cousin gave me which isn't very good. . .it works but not great, and if it crashes I'm stuck bying a new graphics card then.

Or I could buy a mobo/processor together. Then they would work and I could get one with onboard video, and an AGP slot. The only downside (since price is about the same) is that I will then have a dual core 2 processor just sitting in a box. I hate to think about that. Maybe I could sell it on Ebay, or something. /shrug 11:22.

la de de da de da dum. I should probably read or something now, but meh.

I got to look at a set of the 12 Vol of The Fundamentals. Sure enough, the first one dealing with inspiration claims inspiration only in the originals. So much for me being a fundamentalist. bleh.

I think if I can find some quotes claiming Turretin as a codifier/systematizer of the Reformation than I can compare Turretin and "The Fundamentals" as representative of the Reformation and Fundamentalism. Then I can argue for the more Biblical position of the Reformation. It sounds like a big paper. I should be able to utilize plenty of sources, and get it to work. I just need to verify that I can defend Turretin as an adequate . . . and I just got a quote via e-mail. With the source, and I know where that book is in the library here, so I'm on my way!

I sent my prof another e-mail. So, we will see if I have the go-ahead for it.

Now I only need to come up with one more topic for a paper. Something 15-20 pages long. argh!

So I do need to change my twink up a bit. A bit more expensive as some of the new enchants are viable options for a 19, but the good news is, I don't need to run WC at all. Just VC like twice min.

One of my bosses just gave me a big tub of sloppy Joe and some trail mix. MMMM, I can't wait till tomorrow's dinner.

People are answering the questions like they didn't even read my repsonse. . .I mean. . .seriously. How can anyone ever claim to have studied the argument if they don't even read the other side? No1 would be able to say that about me. . .I'm forced to sit through it and read it. And I came away convinced more than ever about the fragil condition of the church.

The change from 1% dodge to 12 dodge points is a difference of 3.5% dodge for a lvl 19. So . . .that changes enchants from 3 agi, to 12 dodge points easily.

Doh! I do have to run WC, and the bow drop rate is lower now than normal it seems. Why am I looking all this up? Chances are I might get 20 minutes or so on Spring break, and then what? bleh.

hmm, I was asked to stay an hour over today. No problem, I can do that. I'm still sitting next to this sloppy Joe though, and it smells oh so good. I wish I didn't have to wait till tomorrow to eat it. /sigh, I can see me giving in for the trail mix when I get home.

So i need to go home and take apart my PC and see what I can find out about my current processor/mobo. I need to get it working soon.

I think I will be buying the mobo/processor combo, b/c it leaves less room for error on my part, and is also less prone to shut me down completely if one little thing goes wrong. So, yeah, I will probably order one Monday if I can figure everything out tonight.

I'm not sure how to handle my internet course. I am thinking I will just not say anything for a week or so (except the questions I already asked) and then next week I will post again asking all the people who ignored me what they think.

gtg now, ttyl. 6:34.

No comments: