Monday, September 17, 2007

hello

Well...remember last year? I was new out here. Wasn't sure what I was doing really. Still getting to know my roommates. Going over to Steph's house all the time. Renting lots of movies. Eating out every Sunday. I miss Chinese. I will have to take Kaylynn sometime. People blogged. I started blogging. At this point in last semester I was probably kinda shocked at the blatant disrespect for the Word of God. I was still getting to know my boss and the class routines. I was confident overall. I attended church things. I think I was still incredibly disgusted with the churches/pastors in the area. I wanted to start my own meetings. My hair was still buzzed. I was pleased with the calvinistic view of most people. I didn't realize that my cutomers were also the ones I was enforcing rules on. I worked McD for about 24 hours a week and was literally exhausted. I had more money than I really needed to survive though.

Things change. I have a girl friend now. I plan on getting married next summer, Lord willing. I know a lot more about the Bible issue. I have become used to my classes and profs, my roommates and boss, my job and the campus. I have less money, and don't have a second job yet. I don't know my rent, nor do I have a complete budget.

I do have a lead on a second job. My cousin said the HR person at the bank said they were looking for another part time position. I think I could do it. Wait, of course I could do it. . .whether or not I would like it is different. I've been thinking about work lately.

You have factory work or work kinda like the Custom Shoppe is where I woulda worked by myself all day. 8 hours a day assembling stuff. Physically/materially difficult. Yay. Then you get the bank job. 8 hours a day counting money. Mentally difficult. But surrounded by people. Co-workers and customers. Which is harder? Now, you could get a factory job where you are surrounded by people. . .that could be the worst because people are just plain bleh! (most of the time in those situations.) But in a situation like the bank I'm looking at what? Probably office politics and stupid stipulations for the sake of policy. But I've dealt with that through all of fast food.

I'm happy I only have 1 year left. I'm thankful God brought me back, and I'm grateful that it appears I will finish with an M.A. Yeah, its not a PhD, and when I think about it, my MA is not worth much compared to a M.R. or a Th.M. or a D.Min. But, its more than a BS/BA. And aside from the "churchy" field, an MA counts for something. I think I got discouraged when I realized that in light of other members of my family's advanced degrees, this one isn't worth much at all. But I should really stop comparing myself like that. Besides, if I go to law school that will put me in a different field and completely ahead. . .whoops! I'm making it competitive again. ;)

I want to get married. I suppose that if I were to talk to most adults about it, they would say that waiting another 6 months from when we are planning isn't a big deal. Most might say that waiting an extra year isn't either. And I am pretty sure that when I'm 40, 50, oh 70 years old I'm going to look back and say 6 months wasn't that big a deal. Of course, something huge could happen and it could all be a huge deal, but practically speaking, me thinking about when I look back, I don't think I would say it was. However, right now. . .its huge. The stupid rules are driving me crazy. I miss her. I saw her 2.5 hours ago. You think I'm crazy? Well, I miss her anyway. Its not just the rules of course. I wouldn't have to worry about saying goodnight over the phone. I wouldn't have to leave after the movie. We wouldn't have to meet in the library to work on homework. So, yeah, I don't want to wait any longer than the already planned date.

Greek is getting harder...Like I actually need to work on it instead of just knowing it. So, its getting harder in that I need to study instead of just getting the answers easily. /shrug.

I'm helping Kaylynn with her computer app class. Mostly I just slow her down, and help with some odds and ends, but I learned some kinda neat stuff today.

Which rebel officer told Leia he "feared the worst" when he heard about Alderaan?

i gtg