Saturday, October 27, 2007

I feel like I should. . .

blog.

So here I am. I suppose that once I start, I will find I have lots to say. At the moment, not that much.

We have 150 high schoolers on campus this weekend. They arrived for a tournament yesterday and it continues today. I don't have to deal with them too much. Just kick the occasional ones out of the gym since they can't be in there.

I start at McD Monday night. I'm not too thrilled, but I need the cash. My car will need work eventually. I know I keep saying that, but it will sooner or later. Preferably before my tire falls off while I'm driving. God has kept me safe thus far though.

We are going to talk to her parents tonight just about everything that has been going on lately. Some of it is really bad. Some of it is just annoying. We can put up with annoying, and have been for months. We have even put up with more than annoying, but can't anymore. I know most of you are probably saying "Its about time," but this is just how its happened.

The new secretary keeps leaving work for me to do. It isn't that I don't have time. Because I do. I sit here and supervise and the work has always been something that is easy, just lots of folding or stapling etc. But what I had to get over is that she leaves it for me. She is the third secretary I worked under and no1 else even asked me to, and she kinda tells me to. It is annoying, but I'm trying not to complain.

My roommates two brothers set up their computers on a desk at our house. We have room and everything, so its not a problem. But they are over there almost more than me now. If we don't count my sleeping hours then they are there more than me. It is kinda cool. Its less quiet. Its nice to have more people around. We get along fine and they are cool guys.

I think the younger one will be moving into my room next semester (if the business office will approve it). I don't mind since my room is huge and rent will drop. It will force me to keep my room clean anyway. Stuff like shared closet space will be a bit interesting, but over-all, the money issue will be worth it, imo. We still have to get it approved by the business office though. =/

My brother got his internet back, and he still hasn't posted his 13th episode. . .what's that about I wonder?

I didn't make tuna this morning, and since that's all I have at my house I brought a bag full of candy to work today for my breakfast/lunch/dinner. I may have to run home at some point to grab a PB sandwich. I have no jam/jelly thus, only PB. Which isn't too bad. Stick a couple snickers on a smothered PB sandwich and its filling and good.

I did well on groceries this month, but I also went out to eat more than normal. Thus, I probably didn't really make anything.

I'm trying not to worry about anything. That is good. I still need lots of money. But God is answering prayer and that is good. I would of course like to win the Monopoly McD contest. If anyone gets boardwalk, lmk. I have parkplace and we can make something work. ;)

Class is class. It is the busy time of year, and things don't slow down until about Christmas day. That is, because I have a module near the end of Nov. and it takes like 5 different papers. "Try to get ahead Dave," you say. But alas, I do not have the time. The paper I'm working on now is due Monday. Next week I work on a message I preach the following Wed. Then that week I work on a paper due that Friday. It keeps going and snowballs, and then AIAUHGUAGHHUAGUAG. Well, maybe not that bad. I have a Jeremiah and Ezekiel class. I have had this professor twice before I think. I have gotten A's both times. I have him two classes this semester. I may get a B in J&E. Mostly my fault. . .ok, all my fault. I don't know, but the way things are going I can see it ending up that way. . .no, no, it should be an A. So far, my GPA is a 3.65 from last year. I'm kinda happy with that. I want a 3.75 when I graduate, but it may be too late. I'm already half-way through this semester, and even one B would seriously hurt my chances of that. Everything else I'm getting A's in.

So, I was sitting in class yesterday, and this is the only regular prof I have had that I had not yet engaged on the version issue went it has arisen. I didn't really have a reason why either, except it just has not seemed the time. Well, yesterday he had a full page in the notes regarding why the KJB position is in error. For some reason I still hesitated. But then I jumped in. He let me say a few things, and closed discussion. I was rather disappointed. He was the only one I was more worried could actually beat me, (due to my ignorance, not his side being right) and instead he just closed discussion. I understand him being able to do that. I don't think it was enough discussion however considering the notes brought us off-topic and 1 full page deserves more time than 1 paragraph. But it wasn't my call.

I find I can argue brilliantly negatively. But so can most anyone. The word perfect kills us. We argue perfect, we must do so from a theoretical stand, not a practical, which negates our whole purpose. Perfect. . .what is perfect? The TR? which TR? How many different editions were there? (plenty. . .at least 6) Which one? We can't claim the one translated for the KJB solely because the KJB was translated from it. That is reverse reasoning. We claim the KJB only because it arose from the TR. So claim a perfect TR and ANY critical guy is going to ask you which TR? And then, who are we to determine that TR?

On the other hand, I can throw out their text without any problem as well. My negative argument is strong, but so is theirs. We are arguing for the complete Word of God. We are arguing for perfection whether we use the word or not. So, while it may help our argument not to use the word "perfect", if the opposition knows anything they will be arguing against perfection anyway.

BUT throwing out perfection, throws out certainty. We argue from certainty first; we must arrive at perfection. But then we must find it. In order to find it, we look, and see the tradition of the TR/KJB. BUT, how often do we fall back on the KJB to point us to the TR? If we do. . .we are arriving at the KJB from the TR tradition, and then arriving at the correct edition of the TR from the KJB. That is not quite the same as circular reasoning. In fact, I think it could pass as sound logic.

There are supposedly three texts, but the majority text holds the same "thinking" position as the critical. They arrive at their texts differently, but neither hold them to be perfect. They hold them to be "best."

Something else that bothers me. Inquisitive natures are good. But don't assume that just because something goes against your argument that it was fabricated (<-- good word; better than saying "made up."). I know some people who last year said that maybe the LXX (LXX = 70; this is another name for the Septuagint. It was complied supposedly by 70 men, and is a Greek translation of the OT) didn't exist, and was just made up by scholars. Anyone arguing my side who says that I want to get away from. Because obviously the Septuagint did exist, and if you mention that maybe it didn't you are demonstrating ignorance of the field/history of the Bible as a whole.

Now, to be fair. This was brought up in a closed setting and thus not as big a deal. It wasn't mentioned as actual argument; but it was mentioned as "maybe the LXX doesn't really exist, [because if it was made up I would have an easier time arguing my side]" This just is not a good thing to say.

There are like 7 guys in the weight room right now. That's a lot for a Saturday morning.

I'm going to have to get a sweatshirt I think. I'm chilly. Partly because the door keeps opening and its cold outside (46).

My mom sent me cookies/brownies and a candy bag along with other stuff. The cookies/brownies are all gone. The candy bag is all I have for food until I get home or unless someone brings me food (unlikely). Normally I do a better job of making this stuff last. Oh well.

I haven't heard many people going to homestarrunner lately. It was a big thing a couple years ago. . .seems to be dying in my circles. Maybe people are too busy, or maybe they just don't talk about it as much.

And its only 11:37. I have all day to write more.

wow, and now its 12:37. 1 whole hour came and went. And I didn't do too much.

I finished some more reading. I should probably do my Greek now or something. I am very very very hungry. Very. And I'm tired of eating candy. I think I'm going to run home real fast and grab some bread and some PB. I don't know what else to do. 3:10.

I'm just gonna post this now so I can close my window. I may come back and edit it before the day is out. If not, have a good day.

Ok, so I'm back. 4:10.

My gf showed up and we talked a little. She is going shopping to buy her sister a birthday present since that is Monday. We are both putting our names on it.

We also talked about tonight. She doesn't think things are going to go near as bad as I have been thinking they will. I can kinda see what she's saying, but at the same time I'm afraid that we have let so much pile up that for me, I want to solve it all now. I think if we try to deal with it slowly it might be ok, but I'm still not sure how to go about it. The biggest problem, that I seem to be able to concisely define is that we are treated like kids. I mean there are others, but something I can bring up and then discuss will be that.

Side note: this office is freezing. I just thought it was really cold today. I went outside and the sun is warm. It isn't great, but its a nice day out, and I'm sitting in here with my fingers wanting to fall off.

I went home and got PB sandwiches. We have this super thin sliced bread. I used 4 pieces each one separated by PB. And then made two sandwiches. mmmmmm. I stuck two candy bars in the middle of the second one to add some seasoning. Yes, chocolate chips woulda been better and more efficient, but I don't have any so, nyah! I have wanted a bag though for a while. It just isn't one of those necessities. Maybe I'll grab one next time I'm shopping and just throw it into the PB. hmm.

You know what sounds good? cheese. Lots and lots of cheese. I need to buy a block I think. It would last me maybe two days.

I'm going to go now. Pray for me tonight. peace. 4:46.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Interesting discussion. Wish you were eating better. Hope you and K's family are getting along better. Love ya. D

michael said...

No one is saying "it's about time." We all agree that 5 months into the relationship is the perfect time to let the parents know to back off. I mean, give it some time to establish itself as "the way things are" and then try to change it, amirite?

The reason I haven't posted is because I bought a new graphics card and now I can't get my monitor to come in, and I haven't had time to mess with it. So there.