Monday, November 5, 2007

remember remember the 5th of Nov

The Gunpowder Treason and Plot,
I know of no reason
Why Gunpowder Treason
Should ever be forgot.

The rest goes like this:

Guy Fawkes, Guy Fawkes, t'was his intent
To blow up King and Parli'ment.
Three-score barrels of powder below
To prove old England's overthrow;
By God's providence he was catch'd
With a dark lantern and burning match.
Holloa boys, holloa boys, let the bells ring.
Holloa boys, holloa boys, God save the King!
And then long time ago, there traditionally was another verse:

A penny loaf to feed the Pope
A farthing o' cheese to choke him.
A pint of beer to rinse it down.
A faggot of sticks to burn him.
Burn him in a tub of tar.
Burn him like a blazing star.
Burn his body from his head.
Then we'll say ol' Pope is dead.
Hip hip hoorah!
Hip hip hoorah hoorah!

Anyway, perhaps its time to remember the 5th of November and blow up Old Main, er I mean. . .nvm. ;)

Guy Fawkes and other Catholic conspirators if you didn't know attempted to blow up the houses of parliament on Nov 5th, 1605.

Things to blog about. . . . . . . . . . . . .I'm busy getting ready to preach on Wed. Maybe tomorrow night if I have time I'll run through a brief outline of my sermon. Pray for me. It has been a LONG time since I've preached and I'm also swamped. But I shall persevere. Right?

Gtg get a drink and work some more on my message. ttyl. peace be to you. 7:34.

No comments: