Thursday, November 8, 2007

politics

Now, I don't know much about politics. I don't claim to. But anyone who watched The West Wing would know some obvious things. Things that you could get without watching it if you just thought about it. . .like not having your veto overturned. Seriously.

http://www.cnn.com/2007/POLITICS/11/08/congress.water/?iref=mpstoryview

So, if the president makes the mistake of vetoing something that has that much support. . .I mean it wasn't even a close vote. They flat rejected the veto. So, I guess we shouldn't be expecting Bush to get much done. . .like we were anyway?

He has 1 year left. . .1 year. When I think about Gore or Kerry being in charge, I can be happy about what has been accomplished concerning the war, etc. But on the homefront. . .nvm.

So, I used to dislike the news. . .I still do largely, but I think I dislike "TV news" and not the actual news. I get news headlines from CNN, Fox, Drudge, NY Times, Reuters, LA Times, etc. Yes, still about half the time the article is pointless, but among all of those I can usually find "real" news. And that I think it is important to try to keep up on.

Yellowstone is again filling with molten rock. There is no guesstimate of how long that happens before it subsides or erupts. So if you're planning on seeing Yellowstone, do it quickly and hope it doesn't erupt while you're there.

California is suing the US regarding emission standards from cars, etc. I'm pretty sure the correct term is suing although they aren't doing so for money. Just to get permission on something that has been rejected. Suing gives it a more publicity I think though.

My gf brought me dinner. . .she's the best.

I need to go do homework. ttyl.

No comments: