Monday, November 26, 2007

praise

So, when you hear someone say "Praise the Lord!" what comes to mind? The 100's of times you have heard your unsaved co-workers take the Lord's name in vain in exactly that manner? What do you do when Christians say it? I heard someone say it the other day. I was completely shocked. The person knew exactly what he meant, but I was unsure if he meant it as he said it or had to think about it later. But at the same time, I just had a confusing situation I wasn't sure about with my credit card be taken care of the way it shoulda been and it wasn't me. The proper response had to be "Praise the Lord." or "Thank God." Which, when I was telling my roommate is what I said.

But think about it. How often do we as Christians shy away from correctly praising the Lord because the unsaved have taken that praise and perverted it? Maybe its just me. I've heard so many people say it about the dumbest things it has driven me crazy. I half-jumped on the Christian I heard say it the other day. Because, in MY mind, that was not something worth being thankful for. How foolish of me!!! Everything is worth being thankful for.

So, I think it comes down to attitude again. Just like prayer. People praying in church; is it vain repetition? or is it true prayer? Depends on their heart for them and yours for you.I can say the same words every week if I truly mean them and am praying them. Or I can change it and speak wonderfully and mean nothing by it. So, if the snow falls and you say "Thank God!" Mean it, and praise him for the snow. If you have been praying about your money situation and God provides in ways you didn't expect, "Praise the Lord!" and mean it. He deserves it. But don't say things you don't mean, ever.

That's just free info anyway. Don't say things you don't mean.

I'm engaged. I'm so happy. I gtg. peace. (That's anther one. It is "ok" to wish peace to friends and family. True peace comes from God, and that is what is meant. Same as saying "have a good day." If I mean it I should say it.) Peace be to you.

No comments: