Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Verve?

So, I got this email asking about my blog. Apparently, there is this site: http://www.verveearth.com/ where they are linking blogs from around the world. I think the goal is to be able to visualize the similarities, etc. of people in many different cultures. I went for it. I am signed up. So, that's the little link below my other links.

I enjoy blogging. I enjoy writing. I wish I had more productive things to write about sometimes, but meh.

For some reason the DMV site isn't working for me to make an appointment online. Comments online say its horrible if you don't have an appointment....I will keep trying throughout the day to make one....otherwise, I will probably be sitting there for hours tomorrow.

I realized the Verve thing is kinda like a marketing tool too. Do we have this inert desire to be heard? Do we think our thoughts are really that important that others should read them? Why not import to FB if I'm adding it to a world wide blogging scheme? But I think there is some difference. This was marketed to me more like a project to visualize blogging everywhere. I didn't see a problem joining this project. I don't mind being helpful.

For those of you new to the blogs, some of the family has been blogging every now and then for a while. You can generally find links to their blogs from other familys blogs. I however do not have the links to those blogs. Maybe one day I will put them up. Until then, ask around, or do some seraching here. There is enough info on my blog to get to all of them, but that's work too.

We are going to go shopping today. Not for a long time of course, since I don't like shopping, but for a bit. I would really like to get a desk, but that is kinda on the side since we are saving for tickets, and loan payments, and a car, etc.

The car is really going to hurt our savings. The more frustrated we get the more I decide I'm willing to spend. Of course, we still have it...I'm not getting a loan, but we will have less in savings than we were planning on.

We are going to do down stairs now. Not as sunny today, so I'm not sure if we will sit by the pool or not. Still in the 70's though.

No comments: