Monday, March 30, 2009

I have been contemplating keeping a journal lately. And you are probably thinking, "Why Dave, you already have a journal in this blog."

Ah yes. But I have been finding that I have been having thoughts I don't particularly care to share, yet feel the need to write, rather than have them tumble through my head.

That thought in particular is somewhat troubling, because for years I have told my life story to a large number of individuals without holding much back. It is not that I have had just a "few" confidants per se, but several people who only had to ask to ascertain the state of my affairs.

(I am sad to say it was not so easy for my parents to find out about me. . .why, I'm not quite sure, but I'm guessing it had to do with being thought foolish, or hearing "parental advice" rather than friendly advice. . .the more I think about it, I was probably fooling myself into thinking everyone else was less judgmental, when in fact my parents were only trying to help me and the others were judgmental behind my back. . . . . .I'm not accusing anyone, nor denying that I have done different. Just thinking back.)

two sec, brb.

So, why is the thought above troubling. . .which thought was it? The one where I had things I did not want known. It is troubling, because I consider myself open to discussion and willing to be proven wrong. . .yeah, yeah, I'm stubborn, but my tenacity (which I prefer you use to describe me) does stem from more than just arrogant pride. Further, my blog has not only been my journal but also a sounding board to those who I truly trust to hear wisdom. I am blessed to be able to pick up the phone and call almost a dozen people who I trust on Theology, Life, and if need be, video games.

Moving on. It is my birthday. ty ty ty.

I became extremely saddened today because I had been extremely anticipatory. brb again.

Anyway, as I was saying, I have been waiting for April 7th (Jenn's Birthday) because The Wise Man's Fear was supposed to come out then. This is the second in a series I started this past year. The first of which I left in MI and am now somewhat regretting because I would read it again I think.

I did get to read some of Rothfuss' writing today when I visited his blog. He is witty.

Back on track, the book has been postponed again. Almost every bookstore and online shop has it listed as April 7th still, but today I saw a little hint that it might not be out, and so I called B&N to see if they were getting it, and they said in the fall, or next spring. . .So, bleah!

Well, my wife made a fantastic meal tonight, and we are going to have cake later. I should get going. Can't wait to see you all in 2 months. Bye!