Thursday, July 16, 2009

more

Staying with the last blog's theme briefly:

My wife reminded me that the mental abuse is often as bad or worse than the physical abuse. Even in houses that are not "as bad," the mental abuse takes a long time to get over. And it is there.

My mom didn't like how I labeled these people in the beginning as fundamental baptist right-wing homeschoolers, because that is what she is. I am too. I thought I qualified them with the following statements. The reason I chose to describe them that way is because they are in our supposed circles. These things don't just happen in the trashy homes of the lost. These are the people we go to church with. And you don't know it. Yes, it happens outside our circle too, but it happens inside it.


Now, on to other things.

You may have noticed I added several links to others blogs and things on the side. I figure its about time I help people out that way, since they have been linking to me for forever.

I am sure a couple of those people are not active bloggers anymore, but still, their blogs are not deleted like some I have been following.

I would recommend google home page for everyone. You can have new headlines, weather forecasts, quotes, stocks, blog updater, etc. It is fantastic and it saves from clicking on everyone's blog every day. Anyone can use a google homepage. Create a google ID, and then customize the page. Then set it to your home page. Not hard.

I noticed people using the "follow" thing on the blogs. I think I'm going to try it and I'll give feedback on it.

I'll probably post more this afternoon. That is the other reason to have some plan for following blogs. Because if I post again this afternoon, and you haven't checked since yesterday evening, you are very likely to miss two posts -- this and the previous.

EDIT 1: I added actual blog snippets from other blogs so you can check out who has blogged if you stop here. I added a subscribe page, so if you RSS, you can subscribe easily, but that is about the same as what Google Reader does. I also added the follower link. This is all on the left sidebar, and you have to scroll to see it all.

EDIT 2: For some reason I couldn't add Patrick Rothfuss to the list of blogs. I did link his blog down below the others. It is worth keeping up on imho.

No comments: