Monday, May 14, 2007

/sigh

I'm tired. I'm home, and I think my body realizes it can relax. I am getting lots of sleep and still feeling tired.

Everyone else blogged . . . So I had to get on.

What to say. . .not really much going on. My brother and I might go signup to donate plasma tomorrow. Not sure it something we really sign up for either, but we might.

I'm going to try to talk to the store manager to see what we can work out for the summer. I need to get my dates in order so I know what I'm talking about when it comes down to it.

I am bored and sick of being bored. But this is life. Life is not non-stop fun. Nor is it a bed of roses. Being busy is good. What I need however is a hobby, or something. Something that I can enjoy doing in my spare time. It just so happens that right now I have a lot of spare time.

I haven't gotten a haircut yet. My hair is long.

My twink is almost completely awesome. Pretty soon it will come down to fishing.....just like my first twink. 2 hours every Sunday, hoping for a random drop.

Random. What is random? What is the rolling of the die? or the casting of the lot? Know where I'm going now? Everytime you play a board game with random chance (cards/dice) every random aspect to it is decided by God. (And not just board games.) This can be said concerning luck too. I have had people tell me that in the end whether or not you get caught for speeding is just a matter of luck. True enough, but luck (ie. circumstances placing the cop in ur path or not at that time) is also determined by God.

Now comes the application. We better not complain when we are stuck in our base for 6 turns in a row. We better now whine when we miss our large straight 5 times. We better control ourselves when we fail to get the flush on the river and have already gone all-in. Skill comes not just in dealing with the unpredictable results, but rather in also acting appropriately to the results God gives.

Well, I think I may call it a day. No need to drag this out, since most people probly haven't finished my other one yet.

I'm thinking I should read Shakespeare. That is something I haven't finished yet, and would be good for me.

It is hot here. We are talking 76 at 11pm. That's warm.

My cousin wants to up the family superman requirement. Sure he does. Just b/c I *might* hit the current goal by the 4th. Maybe. Oh well.

Ok, g'night.

2 comments:

Joe said...

your going to hit three hundred by the fourth? go Dave.

michael said...

I'm listening to Sounds of Silence by the Beatles. Lenin's the one with the crazy hair and Davy Jones is on guitar.